Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today I put my GoogleSite up as my Library page. Of course the one page that I hadn't completed was in demand. Good grief! It's always something. Luckily I got it up and running within the hour. I still have to much to do there, and it will continue to be a growing site, but the bones are up.

Boxes of new books arrived in the building yesterday, but thankfully they haven't been delivered to me yet. Why thankfully you ask? Because finding the time to get them out amongst the masses will take a bit. But they'll be out to the students before the end of next week...hopefully.

I am going to get in touch with OverDrive since I noticed that they are no longer charging hosting fees. There selection is the most extensive out there for eBooks and audiobooks. Now to see what I can afford. First though, it would be great to survey my students to see what their availability to eReading technology is like. Tablets, obviously would be the best, but even access on home computers and/or smartphones would be nice. Then find out if they would utilize the availability of these materials.

I'm charging up my GoogleGlass to get that up and running for tomorrow. I've created a fitting which I hope will keep it up on my personal glasses. I no longer can wear contact lenses, so this is a must if I am to keep Glass. It would be great to have the kids utilize this to create vidcast book trailers, as a starting point. Then, I'm seeing this as a great formative assessment opportunity...kids vid-stepping the process as a tool for other kids. Pitfalls and successes, etc. Anyway, just some thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment