Sunday, February 16, 2014

Well here I am, 6.5 months into being a Middle School Teacher Librarian, and finding that the more I know, the less I know. With the transformation from being a high school librarian to that of a middle school librarian, I have taken the opportunity to reinvent myself. Or, should I say, working toward the realization of my full potential. Being so supported by my building community has provided me with the impetus to reach out to the greater community of connected educators in my field. Technology has become such a key to engaging and educating my students, and I cannot wait to jump into the vast pool of technology in education. Maker spaces, Google sites, Symbaloo, blogs, trailers, project based learning, collaboration. I only wish I had more time -- better still two of me (Oh no!!). One me to spend 100% of my time learning, and one of me to work everyday implementing. I've spent several snow days putting together a google site for my school community, students & faculty alike. Hopefully it will be up and running soon, a continually evolving reflection of curated resources, useful vidcasts, student work and ideas, and so much more. I can also see a time in the not too distant future when the title of this blog will change to "Adventures in Being Middle School Libarian. LOVE MY PROFESSION!

No comments:

Post a Comment