Saturday, June 28, 2014

Abuse

These are times when I know I should write, but do not know where to begin. How to explain mental abuse? How to explain trauma? Why does anyone feel the need to injure and devastate those he loves? Perhaps this is some flaw from within, or a reflection of pains unknown. What I do know is that mental illness needs to be talked about more in our community -- schools, houses of worship, and homes. Somewhere the ball is being dropped as there are still so many stigmas attached to seeking help through therapy. Why? If someone recognizes a problem, whether it is physical or mental, they should seek help. Yes? We should be celebrating the recognition of problems recognized and treated. But we don't. Therapy still lurks in dirty little shadows. "What if someone finds out?" "What can someone possibly tell me?" We need to LISTEN more to each other. My desire to hurt anyone that hurts those I love is such an open wound right now. But instead I will revel in the capacity for those hurt to rally and not give credence to the abuser. We stay strong and loving in the knowledge that we are here for each other as family. I will never have real answers to the questions above. I do have faith though, in the capacity of love and therapy to heal, and to find strength in each other and in the universal good that is humanity. Thanks again for reading my very preachy post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment