Tuesday, May 20, 2014

One Great man.

I had the privilege this afternoon of attending the memorial service of a great, great man. Multi-national CEOs, other friends and family eulogized, talking about so many things, but most often about his love of family, his integrity, his business sense and his philanthropy. It was a full-house -- SRO. How is it possible for one man to make such a difference and know so many people? Simple. For Herbie it was easy...just be himself. His personality was bigger than life, his love bigger than the world, and his desire to make the world a better place awe inspiring. Over and over again these seemingly simple things were emphasized. I loved Herb from afar and I left his memorial so wishing I had connected more with this man. I thank God though that I can still cherish and love those he left behind. More important, I know that I need to do more in my own life to emulate this man, as should we all. Reach out to each other, see where there are needs and work to answer them, and most importantly love and cherish your friends and family. These are te treasures that we leave behind.
On an aside, I participated in Campowerment this weekend, and I do not think that I realized, while there, just how much I had been "cracked open". Else, I know I would not be putting this out on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment